Friday 1 March 2013

Rainy Day Essentials

So there's a Rainfall warning in effect... "a moist Pacific frontal system" and "continued heavy rains". I'm not complaining - I like the rain! In comparison to snow, I am deeply, madly in love with rain! Buuuut, sometimes it can make staying inside the preferable option, in which case you need to be prepared. The right supplies will make the difference between enjoying a cozy, weekend hibernation and uncontentedly yearning for summer vacation. Here are some items you'll need:

1. Proper rainy day music. I've been listening to this "Ain't No Sunshine" playlist from Songza all day & I've been loving it.

2. Ultra warm slippers. I have the feet of an old man - chronically cold! I got a pair of Padraigs a few years ago...life changing. They're worth it.

3. Cute mug for your favourite tea. This mug has a cat on it, so I'm a pretty easy sell.

4. Comfy and stylish loungewear. I have the comfiest pair of sweats but they are truly hideous. These slim fit sweats from Roots seem like a great replacement!

5. Super soft blanket to wrap up in. Reading a book or watching a movie is always better when you're all swaddled up! This one is 100% cashmere, so.. duh.

6. Emergency umbrella. Juuuuust in case you have to brave the elements, it's always a good idea to have a fun umbrella to stay dry and let the world know you're feeling good!


Have a cozy weekend lovelies! Xo

2 comments: