Thursday 11 April 2013

Banana Smoothie

I've had a few days off from work and my desire to cook anything requiring effort is reaaal low. These are the days I'm thankful for blenders. Push one button and BAM...a meal! I'm pretty boring though because I have roughly two smoothies that I alternate between - a green smoothie and a berry smoothie. I was feeling bored with those options so I decided to turn one of my favourite mid-day snacks, bananas and peanut butter, into a smoothie. It's wicked fast to make, delicious to consume and very simple to clean up. Here's how I did it:

1. Gather your ingredients. You could use soy milk or cow's milk if you prefer. I chose Almond simply because I saw it in the fridge first. Also shown are bananas, peanut butter, ground flax seed & ice cubes.

2. Next put about 8 ice cubes in your blender with 2/3 cup of milk. Sprinkle 1-2 tsp of ground flax over the top. Put on the blender lid (safety first, kids) and turn your blender on. Every blender is different and you're the expert on how yours works best. I have a Vita-Mix, so I start on variable, speed 1 and slowly increase to 10. Add more milk if it's too thick.

3. When all the ice is blended, add in 2 bananas and 1 Tbsp of peanut butter. I added extra because I have a problem. Blend again until smooth.

4. Pour into a tall glass. Yuuuuum. This should make enough for one meal-size serving or two snack-size servings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment