Monday 22 April 2013

Music Monday - Serena Ryder

Apparently I'm a bit late to this party because Serena Ryder has been a part of the music scene since at least 1999 - putting on shows, doing covers and writing her own music. She won a Juno in 2008 for Best New Artist and I still hadn't heard of her until several months ago when "Stompa", from her newest album Harmony, debuted on the radio. It was instantly catchy and great even after being stuck on repeat (I don't know how many songs I've ruined that way). This past week though, I've had another song, "What I Wouldn't Do", from the same album stuck in my head. It has a really strong beat and melody!

Also, I've been really impressed with the music selections this season on one of my favourite TV shows, Grey's Anatomy. Week after week they are including great artists, such as MS MR, Metric, Lord Huron, Grizzly Bear, Daughter, Ellie Goulding AND Serena Ryder. Kudos to whoever is in charge of music over there at ABC!

Are you a Serena fan? Are you addicted to Grey's Anatomy like me?

 PS - Congratulations to Serena Ryder for picking up 2 trophies last night at the Juno Awards for Harmony and "Stompa"!

No comments:

Post a Comment